13 Jan Just Imagine – How To Help Potential Clients Choose You
- There are some activities that you have been doing that are telling you “I can’t see myself doing that.” If an activity is keeping you from starting or taking your therapy practice to the next level, you need to START “seeing yourself doing that.” For me, it used to be public speaking. I knew that I could make an impact on my business if I could create a short presentation for daycares to help them understand how to address behaviors of kids, especially those with autism. Here’s a tip: take that thing you can’t imagine yourself doing and start imagining yourself doing it. Also, imagine yourself doing it well. Roll that over in your imagination. This is not a one-and-done exercise. Do it everyday.
- There are people right now thinking “I could never see myself going to that therapist (you) because of…” You need to be addressing their “because of…” Help them imagine themselves receiving therapy from you. Explain and demonstrate to them how that will feel. Remember when I said people make decisions based on feelings more than they do reason? You could say to them something like, “Imagine what it will feel like when your grandkids come over and you are able to pick them up and play ball with them.” Or, you could say, “Imagine how your children will feel when they go to school and they have the confidence to answer a question the teacher asks in class.” You can think of all kinds of “imagine if” scenarios. Also, use your clients’ words. Do you ask your clients why they came to see you? What they want to work on and accomplish? I have those questions on my intake paperwork. The phrases your clients use to those questions are marketing gold!
I have one last thought on helping potential clients with their decision making. Use testimonials of past clients.
Pose a few questions to a past client, such as:
- “How did you feel about therapy when you first came to see us?”
- “How did that feeling change or increase after therapy?”
- “What did you imagine therapy was going to be like before you came to see us?”
- “How was therapy different from what you imagined?”
Click A Link Below
Scott’s Speaking Schedule – Come Hang Out With Me
Subscribe To The Podcast Below