So who are the Dudes?
Russell Cross is a speech therapist from the UK and works with the Prentke Romich Company whom he has been with since 1995. He is the owner of a number of US patents and his research interests are in corpus linguistics, machine syntax and assistive technology.
Chip Clarke is a speech therapist who has been in the assistive technology arena since 1989. Chip started a private practice called Asistive Technology Works, Inc which has now evolved into an AAC equipment distributor. Chip also consults with Prentke Romich.
The Speech Dudes website introduces them as Dude 1 and Dude 2 with a tag line that reads “The Edgy Side of Speech Pathology; sharp, profane, but never dull.”
Reminiscent of Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss, these two guys like to have fun. I had a great time talking to them.
Their blog, Speechdudes.wordspress.com, has been featured in the ASHA Leader magazine. The dudes describe the blog as a stream of consciousness.
Read More - Click Plus Sign
Here is some of what we cover:
· How to fund AAC devices
· Who needs to be in on an AAC eval? OT and Speech, Speech only?
· Are the report requirements different for private practices versus a hospital or other facility
· Eye gaze technology and AAC communication – What’s coming
· Difference between communication Apps and something more professional like Prenke Romich
· Dude Notes – Recommendations by the Speech Dudes
Watch the Video Hangout
Links That Scott Recommends - Click Here
Academy of Private Practice - Video Lessons, Coaching, Community, Tools And More
Free Therapy Progress Note
YouTube - Subscribe to Scott's channel and get video tips
Get Scott's Free Forms
Forms that Scott uses in his clinics